Thursday, October 29, 2009

happy new year! (PM)


Last night, to honor the day of my birth, K took me out to a lovely dinner at Red Basil in Stowe. We've been hearing really great things about it and were not disappointed. Though it's a little bit out of our day-to-day price range, it was nice to have an excuse to check it out. We pretty much had the entire restaurant all to ourselves! The room had beautiful, ancient plank wood floors and a luxurious, calming effect thanks to the dim light and perpetually running water. My red dress matched the chairs!

I got a really big, really delicious cosmopolitan...

...and opted for the spicy red curry with carrots, asparagus, red and green peppers and broccoli (a nice vegetarian option). It was divine:


When we were finished eating, we went home and K baked me cookies and tolerated me while I watched "The City" (a verrrry guilty pleasure, but how can you not be entertained?) Everything about the night was wonderful and K was the perfect gentleman, as usual. I've been feeling a little bit down and overwhelmed lately so it was nice to have a night just for K and I to sit down and have a conversation and some relaxing time alone.

The only thing I would have changed about the evening was my shoes. I'll be damned if I have a single pair of shoes in my closet that achieved the desired effect... I think I would need a pair of strappy gold sandals or something to complete the ideal outfit, but the tights kind of complicated everything.

Problem is, I don't really love any of the gold shoes I've found, and they're not very versatile. They would probably end up in the back of my closet like the silver shoes I bought on a whim "for a dressy occasion" last year and still have not worn.

Still, I do enjoy the dress. Next time I wear it I'll probably accessorize it with a scarf and some muted tones (aka brown) and call it a casual outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment