Thursday, October 29, 2009

indian summer

The story of how this dress came to be is kind of pathetic but has a relatively happy ending.

My mother and I were on our way down to CT for a baby shower and (because I am always eager to drop dough anywhere but my own shopping-impaired state) I did a little research and located a mall en route that had both an H&M and Forever 21.

The goal: to find a dress for a semi-casual outdoor wedding.

The catch: Mom & I arrived at the mall around 10 or 11 AM (I can't remember which), with a good hour set aside for shopping... and it was closed. I was devastated. I can't even remember which mall it was (I'm probably repressing the memory) but it was enormous and promising and entirely unavailable.

Long story short: Mom and I killed some time at Starbucks and although stores started opening their doors within half an hour, H&M and F21 remained locked up tight. Fiiiiinally, ten minutes before our available shopping time had lapsed, I got within the walls and went on a bit of a rampage... ripping dresses off racks and running from here to there like a maniac. I think this was the first dress I tried on that didn't fit in some funky way (probably because it's like a yellow bag)... when I showed it to my mom she just said, "okay, looks good, we've gotta go!" And we high-tailed it out of there.

I do like the dress though. Unfortunately I haven't quite figured out how to adjust the settings on my camera to accomodate these darkening days so you can't see the embroidery very well, but I will! And I'll just wear it again and it will be like a completely different dress because you'll see all the neat grey swirls on the fabric.

And finally, I apologize for the excruciatingly unenlightening post, but it's Thursday. Yeah, that's the best I can come up with. In the meantime, to make up for my babbling banality, here is a photo of me with a stick for a moustache:

(dress: F21; boots: ALDO; hat: UO; striped tee: TJMaxx)

1 comment:

  1. Haha You are way too cute!! This dress is so cute and I love how you reworked it for Fall. Great hat too!

    Hope you have a great weekend and Happy Halloween!

    xoxo
    Amy

    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete