Friday, November 5, 2010

i'm on the hunt i'm after you: felt hat

(Dear Golden Vintage on etsy, $46--currently reserved)

So, firstly: apologies for my lack of outfit posts. Yesterday was just not happening because I stayed up super late tailoring a pair of jeans for K (now that I've figured out my sewing machine, the backed-up projects seem infinite), and today I took outfit photos but couldn't bring myself to post them because they were all so awful (it doesn't help that my mini photo shoot was cut short by a seafood truck backing into the very alleyway in which my tripod was wobbling). Excuses, excuses. Anyway, I didn't want to disappear off the face of the blogosphere, and I've been planning a few trend-inspiration posts, so here's the first! FELT HATS! Golly, I want one.



Aren't these bloggers so ridiculously inspiring?? I have been searching etsy but don't really want to spend $40 on a hat because I'm stingy, and I don't really want to buy one new because those prices are even more exorbitant. Also, I'd really like to find one at a local thrift store or antique shop so I can try it on and make sure it fits over my supersized skull.

(Hannah and Landon)

I'm so envious of Hannah's incredible collection of floppy-toppers, but I'd be quite content with just one that is just right! :) The hunt is on!

3 comments:

  1. I just bought a black felt hat that fits wonderfly for only 14 at F21- not sure if you have one of those around you! I looked for months at the thrift stores and finally couldn't wait anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend has a cute one pictured on her blog.

    http://whimsiful.blogspot.com/2010/10/bowheaded.h
    tml

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need one! you'd look amazing!

    ReplyDelete