Saturday, March 5, 2011

midwinter tea time

Photobucket

When we moved into our new apartment last April, K claimed the extra room as his "office" and set to decorating it in a classically masculine style. Because he was granted his own private space, he told me I could take the bedroom for my sanctuary. I like a breezy bedroom atmosphere, so my plan was to decorate ours as if it were a romantic garden. I hung a lace curtain over the single window to ensure that no natural light was lost, and created a little bistro nook against the far wall for writing, sipping coffee, and pondering. The one thing I could seriously do without is the ugly grey carpet, but beggars can't be choosers. When I finally get around to hanging something on the other walls (I have plenty of ideas), I'll be sure to give you a glimpse of the rest of my sunny little space :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Eep, I loved getting a glimpse into the writer's studio (I assume the typewriter is for aesthetics though). Especially like the use of garden furniture indoors. I like your tattoo as well... it reminds me a bit of the poem "Ozymandias."

    I've been thinking of doing a post with my various "offices," but don't have pictures from all of them. Also, my loungewear is somewhat less 1920s romantic than yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos! Especially the muted colours, looks like a lovely place for a cup of tea! Nice nightie as well, fabulous blog lady! xxxxxxxxx

    alwyasxbeing.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly gorgeous little space. I'm in love with these pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your space, its so light and pretty. You look so comfortable and relaxed in it. Plus I want to steal your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandma has a type writer just like that!
    I love the sheer tights with the cozy sweater. You actually match your room and thats sort of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lov love looove the photos :) so vintage ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh. What a perfect little nook you have there. These photos are styled so beautifully, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looooooooooove your tattoo!!! I have an om inked onto my upper right thigh... just high enough so that none of my co-workers can see when I wear a skirt ;) Seeing yours makes me want another haha!

    ReplyDelete