Thursday, April 21, 2011

in which i lament my life

Photobucket

So... it snowed this morning, which we are not going to talk about. Also, I'm getting kind of sick of pastels, which means that spending the week in my Easter finery got boring right around... yesterday. Annnnnnnnnnnd I'm really depressed because I was going to buy myself about four pairs of shoes and I was super excited and then a few annoyances dashed my happy hopes (namely, the gym informed me that I need to give thirty days notice to quit and therefore would be charged the hefty sum that I hadn't intended to pay this month, and I have to spend $350 on summer tires because my life sucks). So now I have to live through the next two weeks without eating, wearing the same shoes I always wear and hoping that the pretty pairs I've been eyeing aren't sold out from under me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(romper: hand-me-down from k's mom; cardigan/belt: thrifted; purse: antique; socks: uo; shoes: seychelles; trench coat: h&m)

So, boo. Whining out of the way. In happier news, I'm going out to dinner with some girlfriends tonight. So that will be fun. Even if I'm wearing the same boring shoes I always wear.

14 comments:

  1. I looooove your purse, and the outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never noticed you had a "finances" tag. I should invent one too, where I can moan about the fact that I always have to buy flights with less than a weeks notice due to the insecurity of life, and accordingly they always cost a fortune. And that I'm homeless.

    Anyway, I wouldn't worry: if those shoes are sold out, there will doubtless be more lovely shoes to desire in no time at all. That's the great (and terrible) thing about fashion: our desires are always shifting. Anyway, I like your old boring shoes. And where have those bowling shoes gone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That romper is positively adorable! I know, being a grown-up sucks. My mortgage payments just went up $200 for the next 10 years because the siding and windows all needed to be replaced because the company that originally built them used Masonite siding (which went bankrupt YEARS ago for being an incredibly shitty product.) No more fun $ for me and now I get to start working yet another job (technically, now I have FOUR!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boooo, that's too bad about the mean gym and the summer tires. I'm sure your lovely shoes will be waiting for you!
    In the meantime, at least you have that fantastic romper (even if it is pastel) and that AMAZING Alphonse Mucha bag. I need one of those!!
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn gyms. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that blows, I too have to shell out some dough for new tires. Craptastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mustttt find a purse like that! I've been hoping to find one in a thrift store but I never have luck. Love this outfit! I love the way you look in pastels. Also, your hair looks extra awesome here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always buy my gym passes monthly for this reason!! I've been going to the same one for the past 2 years, but with health taken 6 weeks off at a time. Thats sooo shitty, I hate when life throws unexpected costs in our way
    BUT, Your hair looks fabulous here, and that romper is super cute!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not having the best week either :( My Monday was terrible, and I think it being Monday made it all that most worst. But, I keep actively forcing myself to find that silver lining and be grateful for what I have. Cheesy, I know, but after a few days I'm almost back to normal :) Long story short, whine your heart out (it's your blog, after all ;) and know that next week is a new week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that purse is AMAZING! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even know where to start. I just... love... everything. This looks is divine and I want basically all of it.

    Maybe you'll find $350 on the ground? (Yeah... I didn't think so, either.) I hope it passes quickly!

    Find me at Just Take a Bow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That purse is AMAZING! That is exactly the type of thing I hope to find every time I scour antique stores and yard sales, but somehow I always just end up with more jewelry!
    elluminated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete