Wednesday, August 17, 2011

in which this is the summer of straw hats

Photobucket

Hi friends! I have been a busy bee this week, and the madness is scheduled to continue right up until the weekend :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(skirt/hat/belt: thrifted; shirt: old navy; shoes: seychelles)

On Friday night K and I finally went to the drive-in, armed with Battleship, Leonardo's pizza and giant cans of strange semi-alcoholic beverages [hers: tea, his: cola] and saw The Change-Up and Cowboys and Aliens (double-feature for $7.50--best deal in town!). I was actually kind of surprised by The Change-Up (in a good way), even if there were some incredibly gag-worthy moments. Ever since Arrested Development, Jason Bateman can basically do no wrong in my book. As for Cowboys and Aliens? I may or may not have fallen asleep several times during the extended fight scene at the end. This could either be because a) I'm an old woman, or b) the movie was pretty snore-worthy. Probably a combination of both. Even K thought it was pretty awful, and he likes those John Wayne-type movies (not saying this compares AT ALL to John Wayne. Just saying in general).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last night I spent several hours sitting across the kitchen table from Elizabeth while we watched the footage from our interview session last weekend. We're full of ideas for our little documentary, and it feels pretty awesome to be working on a collaborative creative project again. Hopefully I'll be able to share more as the project progresses (which means, hopefully it progresses)!

Photobucket

(stage one of documentary project)

Today I'm having a picnic in the park with K on my lunch break (yay mid-work-day dates!) and tonight I think I'm going to rope him into doing some shopping. Because he needs a new beach towel for Cape Cod (so soon!) and I need... some other things :)

Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. Love this skirt. Your photos make me want a straw hat so bad... Those are a year round accessories right? I won't look ridiculous wearing one in the fall...
    Your date night sounds fantastic, even if the movies weren't necessarily. Good luck with your movie project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit! The skirt is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute hat. looks like the drive in was a success except for cowboys and aliens being snooze worthy, but really you had to see that coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cape Cod? Lucky you! I've always been dreaming about going there one day (unfortunately it's so far away from Europe haha).

    The outfit is really cute, floral skirts always work :) And the straw hat really suits you and makes me want to wear mine as well - despite the cold summer here!

    ReplyDelete