Tuesday, September 27, 2011

in which i wear tooth of the hound

Photobucket

Brown and Black are the perfect combination, in my opinion. It is hard to find ways to wear this jumper, since it could potentially be sickeningly twee, but I think pairing it with vintage-inspired pieces keeps the whole look neutral and increases wearability.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress/belt: thrifted; blouse/hat: gift; shoes: seychelles)

Since K usually has lots of studying to do on the weekends, we haven't been able to go out as much as we used to (I've been filling that void with rowdy ladies' nights, but I still miss hanging out with my main man). Since he doesn't have class on Tuesdays, we decided to extend the weekend a bit and have date night on Monday, which works for me! I like feeling like I have all kinds of fun happening throughout the week, rather than trying to jam it all in on my two days off.

It was an incredibly beautiful day yesterday--upwards of 80 degrees!--so we had Thai food al fresco on Church Street (red veggie/tofu curry and Thai iced tini by candlenight, yes please!) and headed home to watch ancient episodes of the X Files on Netflix (we're working our way through Season 1).

Photobucket

Tonight, it's back to reality--dirty dishes and laundry. Blech. That's the trouble with being busy--there are always chores that get pushed to the side by good times. I need a maid.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit!


    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog via Chictopia - I absolutely LOVE your style (I'm always drawn to bloggers with style totally different to mine!). I was actually surprised to learn you're from the States, you have a great Eastern European vibe going on (I hope you take that as a compliment, I think they are very chic over there!) Now following!

    Catherine x
    www.notdressedaslamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color combo. and those heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hounds-tooth. Somehow it always manages to look super classy. It looks great witht eh oxfords.
    We were watching the old X-Files on Netflix too. Then the Star Trek showed up and I made the boy watch that with me instead. X-Files gives me to many heebie-jeebies before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Thai food is making me hungry all over the place, and with an hour at work left to go. If you hear a tiny wail coming from California, that would be me.

    The full-vintage look is good on you, as you've proven in the past. I don't think you look too twee at all, just very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! I love your suspender skirt :) so schoolgirl chic!
    Waah, Moreno and I love X files too :) some years ago we bought the complete box of DVDs and we watched them all ^^

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesomely cute in that houndstooth jumper! I really love that white blouse with it. I thrifted something sort of like it and it reminds me of the 80's. I've been waiting to wear it when the weather cools down - so hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete