Tuesday, September 20, 2011

in which it's another rainy day

Photobucket

Another rainy day calls for another classic look. I won't lie, after I put this on I thought to myself, did I wear this exact outfit once before? Turns out the answer is Yeah, pretty much. I guess for some reason I feel the need to wear stripes with this skirt, and the dainty little shoes cleverly counterbalance what would otherwise be a whole lot of skirt (in my opinion).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(shirt: tjmaxx; trench: h&m; scarf/skirt/shoes: thrifted)

I sometimes flounder when dressing myself because there are outfits I have in mind that I really want to wear but I either want to save them for the weekend (when I might be doing something other than sitting in a cubicle) or I want to wait a certain amount of time before repeating the same item of clothing (usually ~2 weeks). If it weren't for the blog I'd be wearing these things willy-nilly, and while I do appreciate that the blog pushes me to be more creative/mix it up, sometimes I just want to wear that mustard dress, even if I wore a similar mustard dress the day before.

Anyway, last night I went to have dinner and hang out with a gal pal and we chatted over plates of pasta and rich malbec and it was lovely. Being in such a long-term relationship, I sometimes forget how awesome and important my special girlfriends are to me, so I'm really trying to make more of an effort to see them on a regular basis. It's always so great when I do. Go hug a girlfriend, everyone! :)

8 comments:

  1. Very Parisian and classic look, the prefect trans-seasonal outfit. I very much agree about the getting dressed thing. I sometimes feel that I don't want to 'waste' my favourite clothes just wearing them to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this red skirt on you!
    I get that same 'I just blogged this LAST week feeling' so sometimes I just wear it anyway but sometimes put it into the queue for later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great to catch up with friends over wine and pasta...yum. love this outfit. that skirt is fierce and great scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you've worn it before, because its a great look! This skirt is asking to be worn with stripes! I find myself overthinking what I'm going to wear and which outfits to actually photograph etc, it's a lot of time spend in my head
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pencil skirt, its wonderful.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! Saving this to my inspiration folder :)
    Kelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a similar skirt, and it seems to get trundled out with stripes quite frequently too!

    One reason I don't blog every day is that I know myself and I'm always wearing the same thing fro three days in a row (obviously I don't work in an office yet, but still) ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love t-straps shoes! And the skirt and scarf are so pretty, i totally love the fall colours palette :)

    ReplyDelete