Monday, July 23, 2012

in which i start wearing purple, wearing purple

037h

I had a nice weekend, and here we are again.

038 031 two 034 035 043h

(dress: thrifted; necklace: flea market; ring: etsy; shoes: tilly's)

I'm totally in love with simple shift dresses this summer.  They're basically all I wear on the weekends, because they're light and easy and classic.  I thrifted this dress a few weeks ago and wasn't sure about the color--I never wear purple because I worry that it brings out the circles under my eyes--but meh, whatever, I like it :)  Also, speaking of wearing purple, I'm going to see Gogol Bordello again in a couple of weeks--should be fun!  Maybe I should wear this dress :)

Last night I went out to dinner with the family (+K, at Sarducci's, of course).  It was my youngest brother's 21st birthday, so of course I had a couple of gimlets to celebrate :)  Plus, my older younger brother is leaving today for another action in West Virginia (he was arrested there a couple of years ago for chaining himself to a high wall miner while protesting Mountaintop Removal).  I'm so happy to have such a great family that I can always count on to have lively arguments with, even though we basically agree on everything.  Of course, this meant that I missed the Bachelorette finale, which I fully intend to indulge in this evening while soaking in a bubble bath (I'm not kidding--I know it's hot but I need to relax).

5 comments:

  1. You look so pretty Caitlin! I love purple, I think it#s such a good colour for girls with a rather pale complexion and brown hair (like I used to be as well and I loved wearing purple back then).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress color! Love the pop of your nails in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple looks pretty on you! I love how simple this outfit is too. So nice and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see no purple under those eyes! the purple dress really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all, you look stunning in this dress! and secondly, I watched the finale today too! and it soooooo went the way I hoped! can't wait for you to see it so i can screech and gossip about it!

    ReplyDelete