Tuesday, September 18, 2012

in which i love red, red wine

Photobucket

... in general, but also on my nails!  I got this glorious shade of burgundy wine Essie polish from SkinCareRX at the beginning of the summer (looking ahead, for once!) and it may be my new favorite :)  Also, I love the smell of my MAC lipstick--is that weird??--it reminds me of fall because I only really wear it when the weather cools!

Photobucket Photobucket Picture1492two Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

(vest: thrifted; sweater: target; jeans: banana republic; boots: seychelles)

Also, these jeans are totally unflattering, apparently, unless I am wearing five-inch wedges.  C'est la vie.  I am a changed woman lately, and my closet has felt it.  I've been kind of in a funk, not really liking any of my clothes, feeling all melodramatic and woe-is-me and adrift, sartorially and otherwise.  In recent months I've been cleaning out my closet again and again, slowly whittling it down to the necessities.  I've been selling on Etsy, something I wanted to do for so long.  I set a cleaning schedule of sorts and have been trying to keep the apartment grown-up and tidier (like, full-on fridge cleaning on a Tuesday evening--not usually my style).  I went to the dentist for the first time since I graduated from college.

I don't know if it is because I am officially approaching my "scary age" (next month I am 27--the age my mother was when she gave birth to me!), but my revelations have been somersaulting over each other.  I'm ready for some serious uprooting, some major change.  I want to dress my age.  I want to go to the gym regularly (off to a good start since K started going with me).  I might even embrace new technologies.  I want to cook more, to clean more, to create more.  I have always hated change, but it's coming, and I think I'm finally ready. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have been going through the same thing, especially this last week, everything is getting overhauled!! and 27 is NOT bad, it's actually pretty cool. PS, my mom had 5 kids by the time she was 29... talk about daunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the striped sweater with the other one on top of it!! Sometimes a wardrobe overhaul, even life changes can be such a good thing. Change can be so scary but sometimes it's the best idea, the changes you're planning on making sound super positive!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are about the same age and I kind of feel the same. Definitely agree about dress your age though. I feel now that some styles are too young, some skirts too short and so on. Sounds like you have a great attitude towards it though and I always love your autumn outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think you look very cute! I got rid of a bunch of crap in my wardrobe before starting grad school this year, but I guess what's left is pretty much the same stuff I wore. I'll probably have to change things up after I'm done with school and that scares me a bit. Change is hard! I'm definitely not ready to grow up all the way... You're not old at all though. You can still be young and 27! Just be as young as you want to be!

    ReplyDelete