Monday, October 28, 2013

twenty-eight

image

I feel good about 28. Unlike years past, I'm not going to set a list of 28 goals that I won't complete. I don't feel like I need to.  Maybe I finally feel comfortable accepting that not everything has to be a mad scramble toward success and that life is long (though short enough that I should live in the present as much as possible).  Things will happen this year.  Maybe better things than I can even think of wanting right now.  All I know is that I want to travel.  I want to make things.  I want to spend time with my friends and family.  I want to read more.  I want to get fresh air. The rest can just come as it will.

Last night I hosted a dinner party.  I made mushroom risotto, roasted beets for salad with arugula and goat cheese, and roasted  butternut squash to be served with maple syrup.  And I made a decadent flourless chocolate cake (I never knew how much BUTTER goes into those things! Oof.).  I've never really enjoyed cooking or baking... I much prefer eating.  But when I put my mind to it, I can follow a recipe pretty well ;)  I think it was a great way to ring in my new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment